- 3/4 lb chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- sea salt and black pepper as needed
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 TB avocado oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3/4 cup cashews
SAUCE and MARINADE:
- 6 Tablespoons Bragg
- 1 Tablespoon sugar free ketchup
- 3/4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB allulose
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water plus more as needed to thin out sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, arrowroot starch and 1 tablespoon of sauce/marinade.
- Add oil to a wok or a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Toss in the broccoli and bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through. Pour in the remaining sauce. Toss everything together and allow the sauce to bubble and thicken. Season with salt, pepper or red pepper chili flakes as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve warm on a large platter or over zoodles, cauliflower rice, quinoa or regular rice or noodles. Sprinkle with the cashews and/or sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
The recipe in the blog is how my family makes it for me. For the full recipe please click on the link above.