Ingredients for Blueberry Muffins:
- 2 eggs (large), room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup extra LIGHT olive oil not extra virgin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour *measured correctly
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries rinsed and dried
Optional (but highly necessary) Lemon Glaze Recipe:
How To Make Blueberry Muffins Recipe:
- Line a 12-count muffin/cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 400˚F. In a large mixing bowl, beat together 2 eggs and 1 cup granulated sugar with electric mixer on high speed 5 minutes. It should be thick and light in color.
- Add 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp salt. Set the mixer to low speed and mix just until combined.
- In a small bowl, add 2 cups flour and 2 tsp baking powder and whisk to combine. Using a hand held whisk, add flour mixture into the batter 1/3 at a time, stirring with each addition just until incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX or muffins can become dense.
- Add 2 tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice and whisk in just until combined. Use a spatula to fold in 1 1/2 cups blueberries, folding just until combined.
- Divide batter into muffin tin filling liners to the top or until all of the batter is used up. Bake at 400˚F for 20-22 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center come out clean without wet dough. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack until room temperature then drizzle with lemon glaze.
How to Make Lemon Glaze Recipe:
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp lemon zest and 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp lemon juice, adding lemon juice until desired consistency is reached. Stir until smooth. To thin the glaze more, add a little lemon juice or water. To thicken, add a little more powdered sugar.
Recipe from: NatashasKitchen.com